Throughout the 2013 season, I’ll be ranking the Big Ten schools 1-12. Click here to see where your team was ranked last week.
Prepare to disagree…
- Ohio State. Is there a chance that Ohio State looks past their despised rival towards the Big Ten Championship? Probably not, but just think what that would do for this storied rivalry.
- Wisconsin. Yep, I know that Michigan State has clinched the Legends. I just don’t believe that the Spartans are the second best team. Head to head, I’d take the Badgers 35 – 27.
- Michigan State. Congrats to the Spartans for winning the Legends and having a clear shot at their first Rose Bowl since 1988.
- Nebraska. Let’s face it: the Huskers are a Hail Mary and shanked PSU PAT from being 3-4 in the league. But in this league, we don’t split hairs. Wins count, and NU has the fourth best record in the league.
- Minnesota. I’m very intrigued to see how the Gophers respond to their win streak being snapped. Do they bounce back against the division champs or fold?
- Iowa. If the Hawkeyes want to keep their national Black Friday audience (and they’d be foolish not to), they should consider winning. The last time Iowa played an unranked Nebraska team, the Hawkeyes won. Granted that was 1946, but still…
- Penn State. PSU and Michigan have identical conference records, but PSU has both the head-to-head and the distinction of competing with less talent than Michigan.
- Michigan. As bad as Michigan has looked this month, I don’t see them getting blasted by their rivals. Heck, I wouldn’t be shocked if the Wolverines pull the upset.
- Indiana. I feel like I should congratulate the Hoosiers for not giving up 70 to Ohio State.
- Illinois. Break out the champagne and ginger ale! Illinois won a conference game, and won’t finish in last place!!
- Northwestern. Having squandered their chance at a bowl game, the Wildcats’ game against Illinois is as close of a bowl game as either school will get.
- Purdue. Only in the Big Ten could one write this sentence: “Purdue is 0-7 in conference and 1-10 overall, but none of that matters if they take home an old bucket made of oak.”