Lincoln is completing construction of their second multi-lane roundabout* intersection. To help local motorists navigate this strange new world of multi-lane roundabouts, the city is offering an open house to answer questions and provide tips on how to get from Point A to Point B without replicating a classic scene from National Lampoon’s European Vacation:
*Everytime I hear or read the word “roundabout”, the classic rock song by Yes gets stuck in my head for an hour. Every. Single. Time.
I hope this class is well attended by Lincoln drivers who – and let’s be brutally honest here – need all the help they can get. My sources at City Hall tell me that they are planning other similar classes, including:
- What a yellow light means.
- What a red light means.
- What a green light means.
- Yes, you can drive the speed limit. Really.
- Turn signals: What they are for, and how they work.
- Yield doesn’t necessarily mean Stop.
- How to drive on ice and snow without spinning your tires.
- How to stop on ice and snow without sliding sideways through intersections.
- Traffic signs: What they really mean.
- Right turn on red and you.
- Bicycles & Motorcycles: Why you can’t run them off the road.