Yesterday on Twitter, local radio host John Gaskins (@937JohnGaskins) posted several tongue-in-cheek suggestions for new Husker game day traditions, using the hashtag #newgamedaytraditions, playing off of the now infamous Bo Pelini audio where the coach drops 753 f bombs in 60 seconds
I thought several of the suggestions were pretty f_____ funny, so I’m stealing the idea, and contributing with my own ideas.*
*As far as I know, the ideas below weren’t posted by anybody else. But if I inadvertently copied your idea, my apologies. It was unintentional. Also, since there were some good suggestions from Gaskins and others, I’ll toss those in too.
- The block N on the Nebraska helmet is replaced with a block F
- During the band’s pregame spectacular, the announcer say’s “It’s f_____ Football f______ Saturday, and there is no f_____ place like Nebraska.
- At the conclusion of March of the Cornhusker, instead of spelling out N-E-B-R-A-S-K-A, the crowd spells F-_-_-_ Y-_-_.
- Instead of spelling out “HUSKERS” during Hail Varsity, the band spells F____ You.
- The official game ball is present to the referee by the F____ Off Kid, (presented by Runza).
- After the national anthem, there is a fly over from a sputtering prop airplane pulling a banner that reads “F___ You, You F_______ F___s”
- When the Huskers take the field, they raise a single finger in the air. (Nope, not their index finger).
- Instead of carrying the U.S. flag onto the field, a player is selected to carry a flag of Pelini flipping everyone off.
- Corporate sponsor Verizon gives giant foam fingers (nope, not the index finger) to all fans.
- The pump up song before kick off is reworked to be “Can You F____ Feel It?”
- When the blue hair behind you asks you to sit down, they do it with an f bomb.
- The HuskerVision tribute to Nebraska players in the pros: “F___ers in the NFL”
- Students paint F___ You on their chests.
- The Husker Sports Network places recorders in the bathrooms, concourses, and luxury suites. All audio is reviewed and archived for potential use in a few years.
- The Referee works as many f-bombs as possible into his calls: “F____ Holding. Number Seventy-F_______-Three of the f_____ offense. Ten f______ yards. Fourth f________ down.”
- Every time the Huskers score, after the PAT is kicked, the fans raise their arms and wave them back and forth with a single finger extended.
- The scoreboard tracks the number of f bombs dropped by both teams during the game.
- Voice of the Huskers, Greg Sharpe ignores all of the profanity and chooses to focus on the performance of Stanley Jean Baptiste.
- Bo’s halftime interview with the sideline reporter consists entirely of George Carlin’s “Seven Words” routine.
- During halftime, the band marches into the shape of a hand with all five fingers extended. They march until only one finger remains.
- The Today’s Attendance total is broken out into real and fair-weather fans.
- Fans curse the team whenever they go three and out on offense or give up points on defense. (Oh wait – that’s not new at all).
- Former offensive and defensive linemen are stationed at the stadium exits. If anybody tries to leave before the game ends, they are asked “Where the f_____ do you think you’re going?”
- After the game, Ron Brown leads players from both teams in prayer, where they give thanks and praise to Jesus F. Christ.
- As the visiting team leaves the field, they are flipped off by the fans in the southeast corner of the stadium.
Some of my favorites from Twitter: