Throughout the 2013 season, I’ll be ranking the Big Ten schools 1-12. Click here to see where your team was ranked last week.
Prepare to disagree…
- Ohio State. With a four week stretch of Purdue, bye, Illinois, and Indiana, the biggest question Ohio State faces is what will their band do in their next performance?
- Michigan State. When the Spartans offense plays half as good as their defense, they are the second best team in the league.
- Wisconsin. I think it says something about the strength of the conference when on November 1, Wisconsin’s toughest remaining game is against BYU.
- Michigan. A pivotal game for Legends supremacy (such that it is) this weekend in East Lansing. If Michigan wants to contend, they must win.
- Iowa. The Hawkeyes are not this high because I think they’re all that great. It’s because I think everybody else isn’t as good.
- Nebraska. The blueprint for beating Nebraska: force them to throw, and attack the defense up the middle, after confusing them with motion, shifts, and odd formations.
- Minnesota. I think there were some snickers when I say this team could go on a Coach Kill inspired run. But tell me his presence didn’t have an impact on their win over Nebraska.
- Indiana. If the Hoosiers want to make a bowl game, this week’s game against Minnesota is a must win.
- Penn State. Did Bill O’Brien say something to piss off Urban Meyer? Fortunately, PSU gets a break in the schedule to lick their wounds.
- Northwestern. Their next three games are against the top three teams in the Legends. Let’s see if the Wildcats can embrace going from “contender” to “spoiler”.
- Illinois. The Illini went 0 for October, but have the potential to go 4-1 in November. That said, they will be lucky to get to a bowl game.
- Purdue. Some encouraging words for the Boilers as they get ready to host Ohio State: No matter what happens, you won’t slip in the rankings!