Throughout the 2013 season, I’ll be ranking the Big Ten schools 1-12. Click here to see where your team was ranked last week.
Prepare to disagree…
- Ohio State. The Buckeyes are in cruise control to the point where the biggest story from their win over Iowa was their marching band’s tribute to Michael Jackson.
- Wisconsin. Too bad for Wisconsin that the East/West split is not in place this year, because the Badgers would be in the driver’s seat.
- Michigan State. Demerits to the Spartans for only scoring 14 against Purdue. That’s embarrassing, even for Michigan State’s offense.
- Michigan. The offensive records got all of the headlines, but the defense should be raising some red flags.
- Nebraska. Expect another home road game as Husker fans invade the Twin Cities to close out a very easy October.
- Penn State. Penn State got two weeks to rest and prepare for the Buckeyes. Will it be enough?
- Indiana. The good news is Indiana can score a lot of points. The bad news is the Hoosiers give up even more.
- Minnesota. Is this team getting ready for a “Win It For Coach Kill” stretch run?
- Iowa. I just don’t know what to make of Iowa this year. Are they middle tier or bottom feeder? We’re about to find out.
- Illinois. The Illini are undefeated when they score more than 33 points. The Illini won’t score 33 against Michigan State.
- Northwestern. Remember when the Wildcats were the trendy Legends Division pick? Now a bowl game is somewhat in question.
- Purdue. The Boilermakers are idle this week. Their offense has been idle for the entire month.