Throughout the 2013 season, I’ll be ranking the Big Ten schools 1-12. Click here to see where your team was ranked last week.
Prepare to disagree…
- Ohio State. Will the Buckeyes be challenged before they play Michigan?
- Michigan State. By proving they have an offense (42 points!) to go with their defense, the Spartans jump the Badgers.
- Wisconsin. A convincing win over Northwestern turned the Wildcats from contender to pretender.
- Nebraska. Are the Blackshirts back? Nebraska was 37 seconds away from a convincing shutout.
- Michigan. Yes, I know Michigan just got beat by Penn State. But until they prove otherwise, I still think the Wolverines are in the top half of the conference.
- Indiana. Any offense that scores 28 on Michigan State should be able to put up 40 on the rest of the league. If the Hoosiers want to play in Indianapolis in December, they cannot lose another game.
- Penn State. A surprising, overtime win over Michigan aside, questions remain about Penn State’s depth and ability to hang around.
- Northwestern. The Wildcats get a much needed two week respite from their brutal conference schedule.
- Iowa. Good news: Iowa got an extra week to prepare for their game at Ohio State. Bad news: Ohio State also got an extra week.
- Illinois. They have the talent to steal a win or two in the next four weeks, but the schedule (Wisconsin, Michigan State, at Penn State, at Indiana) may not allow it.
- Minnesota. I feel for Coach Kill, and wish him the best in getting his seizures controlled. In something that is trivial by comparison, I wonder how the Gophers will respond.
- Purdue. There is no getting around the fact that Purdue is a bad team. But they are also a very young team with nowhere to go but up.