On Friday, North Carolina and Michigan State played a college basketball game on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson – an aircraft carrier.
I dig the concept of playing traditional sports in unconventional settings. Therefore I humbly suggest the following:
- An NHL hockey game in Death Valley, CA.
- A NASCAR race on Interstate 80 in Nebraska. They start at the Wyoming border and race east to one of the casinos in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- A football game on a handful of garbage barges floating in the Pacific Ocean. Appropriately, the participating teams will each be in last place.
- A baseball game in a random cornfield in Iowa. Bonus points for ghosts or soliloquies by James Earl Jones.
- A diving meet at Niagara Falls.
- A high jump meet at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- A shot put meet next to a mine field.